We are pleased to inform you that the call for exchange programs for the 2021 Fall enrollment will be launched on Jan 10th, 2021(JST).
– COLABS Prior Consent
COLABS applicants are required to obtain prior consent from their prospective academic advisor.
This includes students who are to re-apply for COLABS.
– The Expenses Needed for 14 days Self Isolation (as of December 2020)
Students are required to stay at the university designated hotel close to the airport after the entry in Japan for 14 days as a self isolation.
The total expenses for the quarantine is expected to be 200,000 JPY or more and students have to cover all by themselves.
This handling may change depending on the future COVID-19 situation.
Tohoku University will let you know on the website when that happens.
For details, please refer to the web page below.
Please note that students need to be nominated by ITB
Required documents for selection process:
- Academic Transcript
- Recommendation Letter from Academic Advisor & Study Program (please use this template);
- Financial Guarantee Letter, including the request to receive financial assistancefrom the Bureau of Partnerships (please use this template);
- Health Guarantee Letter, regarding Covid-19 (Please use this template);
- Official Certificate of English Language Proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS (please refer to the list of university options for the English level required by each university)
- Recent CV;
- Personal Statement Video (max. 5 minutes, explaining your motivation to participate in the exchange program).