The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government and is co-ordinated by Tempus Public Foundation since 2015. The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions.
The scholarship scheme aims to satisfy the growing demand of international students to study in Hungary, producing increasing numbers since the launch of the programme, and also supporting the overall internationalization of Hungarian higher education.
Available Scholarship Types:
1. Bachelor programmes: full time (2-4) years) or partial (1 or 2 semesters)
2. Master programmes: fulle time (1.5-2 years) or partial (1 or 2 semesters)
3. One-tier master programmes: full time ( 5-6 years) or partial (1 or 2 semesters)
4. Doctoral programmes: full time (2+2 years) or partial (1 or 2 semesters)
– Preparatory course in Hungarian language (1 year)
– Specialisation courses (up to 1 year)
Application deadline: 16 January 2021 – 23:59 (Central European Time)
Information on this program is also available on the Tempus Public Foundation’s official website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu .
Please take note for the following:
– Due to the different conditions and requirements of the doctoral programme, two different Call for Applications released.
– Applicants for doctoral programmes can not apply for bachelor, master, one-tier master and non-degree programmes.
– All students applying for a doctoral program must have a supervisor at the host university. A statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the application.
– In the first year of their studies, non-doctoral students are required to attend the course of „Hungarian as foreign language” offered by the host university, and to pass an exam at the end of the second semester.
If you would have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
STUDY IN HUNGARY / Stipendium hungaricum PROGRAMME UNIT
· Skype: stipendiumhungaricum
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: +36 (1) 236-5040