Winter Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy development, which is an important issue in Human Security Development. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on human security development and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues all over the world. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organize field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science – all fields are welcome.
Date & Venue
9-21 January 2017, Kyoto University, Japan
Criteria and eligibility
- Undergraduate students from AUN member universities
- The number to be admitted: 25 students (10 candidates to be selected by AUN and 15 candidates to be selected by Graduate School of Energy Science)
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organize and pay the following costs:
- (1) A round-trip flight ticket
- (2) Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto.
- (3) Fees related to visa applications
- (4) Travel insurance
- (5) Cost of meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants. (Accommodation costs are covered by the program)
The first 10 applicants as selected by the AUN Secretariat will be eligible for a scholarship from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization). The amount of this scholarship is JPY 80,000 per person (tentative).
Applicants shall follow the procedure of applications described in the ACTS online system. Please apply at http://acts.ui.ac.id/ and submit the required materials through the online application system.
Deadline for Submission: September 15, 2016
Please find attached documents for further information about application.
- Call for applicants
- Winter Seminar information
- Statement of Purpose Form
- ACTS online application guideline
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in disseminating the information to your students and please feel free to let me know if you have any queries.