Call for Applications of ‘Tokyo Tech AOTULE Summer Program 2021’
・ Postgraduate students
・ Final-year undergraduate students
No change in exchange period
- Participants MUST check in at one of our designated dormitories in the Tokyo areaduring the daytime on Tue 1 June 2021.
- Participants MUST check out the above dormitory on Tue 31 August 2021.
- During the exchange period, students are not allowed to leave Japan unless there areemergencies such as health/family issues.
- Those who plan to attend any international conferences held outside Japan during the above exchange period are NOT eligible to apply for this program.
Kindly understand that Tokyo Tech are not able to respond to individual requests, since all participants’ scholarships, accommodation contract and others are prepared as a whole package.
Student status at home institution
- Participants must hold ‘Student Status’ at home institute during the entire exchange period (Tue 1 June 2021 − Tue 31 August 2021).
- Participants are required to submit an official document, such as “Statement of Expected Graduation,” to verify their student status which covers and specifies the entire exchange
Air-Ticket (to/from Japan)
Participants are required to purchase a round-trip ticket (to/from Japan) at their own expense and to send a copy of their e-tickets to Tokyo Tech in advance.
- Tokyo Tech provides each participant with a room at one of Tokyo Tech designated dormitories in the Tokyo Area (Participants are not required to pay for the rent for all practical purposes.)
- Tokyo Tech cannot provide or help find accommodation for his/her family or others accompanying the participants.
- Some students may be required to share a double room with another student.
Allowance / Scholarship
- Daily allowance is provided by Tokyo Tech.
- The amount is yet to be determined. For your reference, JPY 2,000/day was provided in 2019.
Participants are required to join the following insurance systems upon their arrival in Japan.(1) Tokyo Tech On-campus Accident / Liability Insurances(2) National Health Insurance System in Japan・ In addition to the above-mentioned two insurances, it is highly recommended to purchase a medical/travel insurance at your home country.
Academic advisor and research topic at Tokyo Tech
- Engineering Schools of Tokyo Tech would like more faculty members to host ITB students to enhance AOTULE activities within Tokyo Tech. Therefore, Tokyo Tech wish to assign an academic advisor who has not supervised an AOTULE student in past years. For this reason, kindly be informed that you MAY NOT be assigned to your desired laboratories.
- Please refrain from directly contacting prospective academic advisor(s) at Tokyo Tech prior to the application
- In recent years, security checks concerning exports of technology from Japan have become stricter. Therefore, any student that lists a research topic that can possibly be applied to military use may not be selected.
Implementation / propriety of the program
Be informed that the program may have to be shortened, postponed, or totally cancelled due to the unpredictable spread of the COVID-19.
Please note that students need to be nominated by ITB
Required documents for selection process:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Academic transcript
- English Proficiency, mi TOEFL 500
Kindly note that the deadline of the application is 30 November 2020, by email to email@example.com