[Call for Applications] ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship 2021
The AUN Secretariat is pleased to inform you that the application for the ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship (ACYLS) 2021 Programme is now open to scholars, researchers and students of AUN and AUN Thematic Networks.
ACYLS is an initiative in response to the call of the Leaders of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and ASEAN Member States (AMS) to increase people-to-people exchanges, strengthen educational cooperation and promote academic exchanges and linkages between AMS and the PRC. It aims to foster socio-cultural and people-to-people exchanges to build a closer ASEAN-China community with a shared future.
It will provide a rare and unique opportunity for ASEAN professionals and future leaders to enrich their knowledge, broaden their horizon, develop work skills, and improve their competitiveness while enhancing their life experiences by living and studying in China. ACYLS provides a full scholarship award covering all program-related expenses such as: (i) tuition and other school fees, (ii) accommodation, (iii) round-trip international air fare, (iv) comprehensive medical insurance, and (v) stipends.
The 2021 intake of ACYLS includes awards for:
- Master’s degree programmes
- Doctoral programmes
- One-semester (4-5 months) research scholarship programmes
- Citizen of an ASEAN Member State (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam);
- In sound physical and mental health;
- Proficient in English (i.e., must possess an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or a TOEFL score of at least 80 points);
- Holder of an undergraduate degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a master’s degree;
- Holder of a graduate/master’s degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a PhD degree;
- Holder of at least an undergraduate degree if applying for the short-term research program;
- Having at least one-year work experience within government agencies, public or private institutions, universities, think-tanks or similar social agencies, and preferably has experience in the following:
• work related to foreign and international affairs, especially ASEAN and China ASEAN affairs;
• work or study in the PRC;
• academic work on China or ASEAN-related affairs;
- Not a concurrent awardee of a Chinese government scholarship;
- Meets other admission requirements of the Chinese universities to which the applicant has applied
Application process (specifically for ITB students / graduates):
- Prospective applicants must complete the online application by visiting CGSIS (Chinese Government Scholarship Information System) by visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application for Students” on top to register and log-in. Kindly note that online submission of the application is compulsory for each applicant by completing the application information and uploading all necessary supporting documents. Deadline 3 May 2021
- Submit the hard copies of application document to IRO ITB (Jl. Ganesha No. 17, Bandung), to be submitted to AUN Secretariat, Bangkok. Submission Deadline: 3 May 2021
- For research semester applicants, please submit a Recommendation Letter from Academic Advisor & Study Program (Please use this template) to IRO (Jl. Ganesha No. 17, Bandung) or via email to email@example.com. Submission Deadline: 3 May 2021
- Selection process done by The Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC)
All document hardcopies will be sent collectively by IRO ITB to the AUN Secretariat.
More information of the scholarship:
Guidebook to ACYLS-2021