Summer Intensive Program at Nagoya University
The 2023 summer program at Nagoya University will provide students with a rare opportunity to connect with and play a role in automobile technology. The program offers academic credits towards students’ engineering degrees and beyond the core curriculum, students may further supplement their practical know-how with enrichment as they are exposed to the authentic environment of the automobile factory and research center. A Japanese language course is also offered.
Earn college credits while immersed in another culture and engage your intellectual curiosity with the latest findings in automobile industries in Japan that focus and succeed on a level you never thought possible. Join NUSIP for six weeks (June 14 to July 20, 2023) and experience the full range of Japanese cultural life. Course-related excursions will also provide you with an opportunity to discover amazing Japanese cultural scene that has enticed and entranced observers for generations.
- Seminars on Latest Advanced Technology and Tasks in Automobile Engineering (400 level) (3 credits)
- Elementary Japanese Language Course (100 level) (3 credits) (Students with previous Japanese language experience will be offered a more advanced language course.)
- Automobile industry factory and laboratory visits
- Cultural excursions
ーUS$2,500 for students enrolled in the universities having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University
Fees exclude meal and air-ticket expenses. Accommodations in Nagoya, the Japanese language course, orientation, cultural excursion and social activities are included in the program fees.
- Applicants MUST be enrolled in universities having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University at the inter-university level or with the Graduate School of Engineering at the inter-school level. However, maximum of 5 students from the universities NOT having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University may join this program.
- Applicants MUST be of senior undergraduate or graduate status during the NUSIP period (including junior undergraduates who are completing their junior program).
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must possess a TOEFL score of 550 <CBT =213; iBT=79>, TOEIC score of 730, an IELTS overall band score of 5.5, or the equivalent, and should attach a copy of the official score record to the application. However, those studying full time at a university where the medium of instruction is the English language are exempted from this requirements
All applicants are requested to submit their applications through the NUSIP online application system duing the application period shown below.Application Period: January 10, 2023 – February 14, 2023. Applicants will be asked to upload the following documentation in a PDF format (photograph in a JPEG format); hence, preparation of the relevant materials in advance of the closing dates stipulated below is important.
- Statement of purpose (written in English with minimum 400 words)
- Official transcript of academic records in English
- Health certificate: Students are requested to use the designated NUSIP health certificate form available on the application site.
- (Non-native English Speaker) Supporting documents of English Proficiency (i.e., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC)
- Photograph with solid-color background, showing a close-up of the applicant’s full head and upper shoulders. Sunglasses / tinted glasses, or headwear should not be worn, unless this is for religious or medical reasons.
- A copy of the passport page which shows the applicant’s name, date of birth and nationality, where available.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)Declaration of applicable specific categories
Please proceed to register by latest February 14, 2023. The notification of the document screening are expected on March 14, 2023. For any inquiries, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.