JASSO Scholarship Short Term Exchange Program at Kumamoto University
Greetings from the Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Japan.
We would like to announce the IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program with JASSO scholarship starting Oct 2021. There are 2 programs and we are recruiting 20 applicants (graduate students) for each, who are from partner universities with a student exchange agreement.
1. Environmental Leader Program
2. Advanced Science and Technology Program
Although it is hard to foresee the situation about oversea traveling this year, we appreciate it if you could announce to the students at your university. Please note that the programs may be cancelled or postponed depending on the spread of COVID-19.
The following conditions apply to the programs;
1. Amount of scholarship: 80,000 yen per month (participants have to take responsibility for the cost of flight ticket, accommodation, food, health insurance and other living cost, etc.)
2. Duration of the program: Either 6 or 11 months from October 2021.
3. Program contents:
“Current Science and Technology in Japan” in fall semester (2 credits)
At least 3 classes related to topics in environment issues are required (only for Environmental Leader)
-Field trip (only for Environmental Leader)
-Midterm and final presentations
For further information, please visit our website at
*All applications should be submitted through the international office of the applicant’s home university and applicants should be recommended with the order of priority. For your convenience, please use the attached Excel form.
*Please note that our selection committee is responsible for screening applicants and the result may be different from the order of priority at your university.
*Additional cost for quarantine process associated with traveling to Japan should be borne by the applicant, unless further notice is made by Kumamoto University.
For you who are interested in this program, please submit the required document for selection process at IRO, not later than May 6 (Thu), 2021, at 10.00 a.m to email@example.com:
5. Official Certificate of English Language Proficiency with minimum score TOEFL iBT=71, TOEFL PBT=530, TOEIC=700, IELTS=6.0 ( *Scores obtained earlier than May 2019 are not valid)
6. Recent CV;