It has been twelve years since the Engineering Schools of Tokyo Tech (School of Engineering, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, and School of Enviroments and Society) launced the AOTULE Summer Program in 2008.
- 1 Novembver 2019: Application deadline
- mid January 2020: Notification of the selection result to each institution
- 31 January 2020: Online registration and documents submission by each participant
- Postgraduate students
- Final year undergraduate students
No change in exchange period:
- Participants MUST check inat one of Tokyo Tech designated dormitories in the Tokyo area during the daytime on 1 June 2020
- Participants MUST check out the above dormitory on 31 August 2020
- During the exchange period (1 June – 31 August) students must not leave Japan unless there are emergencies such as health/family issues
- Those who plan to attend any international conferences held outside Japan during the above exchange period are NOT eligible to apply for this program
Kindly understand that Tokyo Tech are not able to respond to individual requests, since all participants’ scholarships, accommodation and others are prepared as a whole package.
Student status at home institution
- Participants must hold ‘Student Status’ at their home institute during the exchange period (1 June 2020 – 31 August 2020).
- Participants must submit an official document, such as “Statement of Expected Graduation,” to verify their student status which covers and specifies the entire exchange period (1 June 2020 – 31 August 2020).
Air-Ticket (to/from Japan)
- Participants are required to purchase a round-trip ticket (to/from Japan) at their own expense and to send the copy of their e-tickets to Tokyo Tech in advance.
- Tokyo Tech provides each participant with a room at one of our designated dormitories in the Tokyo Area.
- Tokyo Tech cannot provide or help find accommodation for his/her family or others accompanying the participants.
- Participants are not required to pay for the rent for all practical purposes.
- Some students may be required to share a double room with another student.
- Daily allowance is provided by Tokyo Tech.
- The amount is yet to be determined. For your reference, JPY 2,000/day was provided in 2019.
- Participants are required to join the following insurance systems.
- Tokyo Tech On-campus Accident / Liability Insurances
- National Health Insurance System in Japan
- In addition to the above-mentioned two insurances, it is highly recommended to purchase a medical/travel insurance at your home country.
Academic advisor and research topic at Tokyo Tech
- Engineering Schools of Tokyo Tech would like more faculty members to host ITB students to enhance AOTULE activities. Therefore, tokyo Tech wish to assign an academic advisor who has not supervised an AOTULE student in past years. For this reason, ITB students may not be assigned to your desired laboratories. However, it is strongly advised for each applicant to fill in the item #12 Intended Research Field in the Application Form (Excel file) and give specific research topics as well as more general research fields or academic discipline to allow the Tokyo Tech AOTULE Committee to assign an appropriate academic advisor.
- Please refrain from directly contacting prospective academic advisor(s) at Tokyo Tech prior to the application.
- In recent years, security checks concerning exports of technology from Japan have become quite strict. Therefore, any student that lists a research topic that can possibly be applied to military use may not be selected.
student must be nominated by the International Relations Office.
To be nominate,
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Academic transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS, with minimum score of: TOEFL 550, IELTS 6,5, iBT 79
For you who are interested in this program, please submit all the documents above to the International Relation Office ITB, Jalan Ganesha No. 17, Bandung Application Deadline: 1 November 2019